Google Goodness

Every now and again, a really cool feature comes out from Google to blow me away. I've been using Google Spreadsheets on and off for a little while, but didn't realise you could publish your spreadsheets to the general public - like this one, which I intend to use in a work presentation about the Rational Unified Process. And the really cool thing? You can subscribe to it via RSS to be notified about changes.

Not that I'm going to be making many changes to this document, but I did want to share it during my presentation and make it available afterwards, so I like the sharing part. And that was after I'd emailed myself the document and GMail invited me to open it in Google Spreadsheets rather than in Excel (it did give me the choice). Seamless, and not a little bit exciting.

Not bad for a free product. Are you watching, Microsoft?

Comments