Orange Partner Camp 2007

Well, I'm in a fine old mood today. Not only has the sun been out for a whole week. Not only has the pile of work on my desk decreased to a sane level. But the main reason I'm happy is that I'm going to see a REAL SPACESHIP on Sunday.

One of the perks of having Orange as a client is that I get to go to their occasional "Partner Camp" conferences. Next week's conference will be in Cape Canaveral, Florida. Google Maps link here, and if you want to go all nutty and 3-D and fly-by, here's a file you can launch in Google Earth.

Partner Camp itself is brilliant. Orange present lots of their projects and initiatives, and we've worked on some of them. But all in all, it's a great insight into an incredibly industrious organisation, and makes our work far more enjoyable when it is understood in the context of the broader corporation.

But before that all starts on Monday, there is the serious business of seeing REAL SPACESHIPS. The conference location is only 15 miles or so from Kennedy Space Centre, and my colleague and I are going there to do the tourist thing on Sunday. The visitor centre highlights are mouth-watering, to say the least.

But first, a 10 hour flight in Economy class. Urgh.....

Comments